Re: Strange Spitfire Fuel Delivery Problem

To: "Adam Rodnitzky" <arodnitzky@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Strange Spitfire Fuel Delivery Problem
From: "griffco" <griffco@griffco.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:51:31 -0700
I know its winter up here in Canada, but where you live could you be having
heating problems?

In our HOT summers, I find the gas in my fuel line seems to boil between the
pump and the carb.  After removing the top off the fuel pump (mechanical
with built in screen), and cooling the fuel line to the carb, it goes again.

I've tried fuel line routed behind the engine, and routed in front by the
water pump (an old original position), and now routed it in front of the
engine down below the front pulley - the problem seems the same.  Next
attempt will be to route it in front of the radiator!

Just a thought.

Cheers, Fred