Bouncy bouncy and zipped vinyl

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bouncy bouncy and zipped vinyl
From: tim dafforn <mqbsstrd@man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 14:09:37 +0000
Hi Everyone,
Happy new year..
Spent sunday at the national autojumble at the NEC Birmingham, renewed
my enthusiasm for all things english and sportscar like.
Had a close run thing with a Shorrock Supercharger (500 quid too much
for my pocket,!)
Still have the spitfire and have been whizzing arround in it quite a bit
over the Xmas period and it has highlighted handling characteristic that
I don't like.
The back end seems to hop around (hence bouncy bouncy) rather a lot when
at speed on uneven roads.
The rear suspension is totally new, Is this just spitfire handling, or
should I chuck the cheap generic shocks and save for some Koni/spax or
similar, and dial 'em in harder. Wheels an tyres are standard.
Second thingm have been suffering from a split rear (zip out) window in
my soft top (split when I folded it in the cold weather last year). rest
of the hood is in good condition, what are the options? can I buy just a
new rear window, or have the clear bit replaced (anyone had any experience)
cheers
Tim

--
Dr Tim Dafforn