Re: Spit slave cylinder access question?

To: dwillner@icontech.com
Subject: Re: Spit slave cylinder access question?
From: <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:37:43 -0500
On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:55:08 EST Cwn74@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/12/2002 8:13:14 PM
> Eastern Standard Time,
> dwillner@icontech.com writes:
>
> > My question has to do with access. I'm
> assuming that I need to remove the
> > trans tunnel to find and remove the slave?
> Being a new Spit owner and
> > having
> > never done this I'm going to try and follow
> Haynes' directions. Are there
> > any
> > good tips, or precautions I need to follow
> for removing the tunnel, or is
> > it
> > fairly straightforward job?  Does the
> gearshift lever assembly need to come
> > off?

One thing to remember, the Haynes manual says to release the bolt holding in
the slave.  I took that to mean loosen.  You have to remove the bolt as it
fits into a slot on the slave cylinder to hold it in place.

The first time I did this it was from under the car (with the car up on small
ramps) so I couldn't even see what was going on.  It took me a while to figure
it out.

Good luck,

Roger Elliott