Accident Settled

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Accident Settled
From: Phillip <metaz@knology.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:48:27 -0500
First I want to thank everyone that has been helping with parts suggestions
and information on how to handle my accident claim.  I called Progressive
this morning and instead of getting the manager I got the lady that first
came out to look at my car over a week ago.  She told me that the estimate
that she had in hand was actually $60 below the 75% to total the car.  They
estimated a new hood assembly from Victoria British and paint and
installation for $2200.  She faxed me the release forms along with a
written estimate and I signed them and faxed them back.  She just called me
back letting me know that she got the fax and already made up a check and
will be mailing it today.  So with luck I should be back on the road again
some time in January!

I have learned that the best way to deal with an insurance company is to go
into it with as much information as possible and know what your vehicle is
valued at and also have an idea on what it is going to cost for
repairs.  And as a few members have already said I am going to redo the
insurance on my car for a stated value so there are no questions of the
value if this happens again.  I really belive that Progressive would have
totaled my car if I had not been there telling them what the car was worth
and what it was going to take to fix it.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped me through this nightmare.  I will
let you know how it all turns out.

Phillip
76' Spitfire 1500 (waiting on insurance money)

metaz@knology.net
http://www.knology.net/~metaz