Re: Glazer for hardtop window needed

To: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>,
Subject: Re: Glazer for hardtop window needed
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:28:45 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Tod Jones <todjones@rica.net>

> I just used the reproduction windshield seal from victoria british. it is
> the right profile for the early rear hardtop window. and of corse the
> plastic finish strip and clip are needed there too.

There are problems with using front screen seal on the hardtop as the profile
tends to push the screen outwards. The correct seal profile is quite different
and pulls the screen in towards the body. I've always found it worryingly easy
to pop out the rear screen on hardtops fitted with the wrong seal,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics