Re: questions for the list

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: questions for the list
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 06:53:52 -0400
Paul Tegler mentioned he put a clutch access door in his Spitfire.  I've
seen his work, and it tends to be superb at worse, so I was curious.  I
inquired about this door for the list from him, but received no reply.

I have an abs plastic tranny cover, though mine came with no dimples
and no shifter cutout.  The unit is not perfectly square with the
firewall, requiring a goodly bit of caulk to seal it up.  I replaced my
cardboard cover because it was well disintegrated, otherwise, I'd
suggest staying with the oem cardboard.