Re: bumpers

To: JohnZissler@aol.com
Subject: Re: bumpers
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:41:56 -0700
JohnZissler@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Listers, does anyone know of any problems in putting MkIII bumpers on a
> MkII. Are the mounting brackets exactly the same. I dont want to go buying
> these MkIII bumpers if they dont fit my MkII, so any help will be
> appreciated. Thanks

Generally speaking, it is not a good idea.  First, the Mk3 bumper is mounted
much higher than the Mk2 and to support it, the frame hinges and the
bonnet hinge pieces are different.  So not only will you have to have the MK3
bumper and overriders, but you will also need top modify both halves of
the hinge points.

And finally, In my opinion, the lower Mk1 and Mk2 bumpers are much more
visually pleasing than the "Bone in the nose" Mk3 bumper.

Regards,
Joe