Re: MOT failure

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOT failure
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 18:54:20 +0100
In article <20020521154520.12984.qmail@web9606.mail.yahoo.com>, John
Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk> writes

>Maybe I should cut my losses and sell the spitfire?

I think we all of us feel like that at some point.   Only you can really
decide whether that is the correct decision, but, from what you say,
you've fixed most of the expensive bits already.   You and I (and I
don't know how many others...) have learnt the hard way that there is no
such thing as a good cheap old Spitfire.   Given that you have sunk so
much money into your car already, you might well be about to turn the
corner.

In the first year of owning Carly, I spent at least twice as much again
on repairs as I did on buying her.   I haven't spent a ha'penny on her
since a sill replacement in January.   She is running like a dream,
giving no problems whatsoever, and making up for her "money-pit"
tendencies of last year. <frantically touches wood and straps on rabbits
foot>   There really does come a point where the money spent is
worthwhile.

ATB

--
Mike
Ellie - 1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV