Re: speaker installation

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speaker installation
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 17:43:43 -0400
Bill: I'm looking forward to everyone else's reply, but here's my two cents
worth:
I have a 77 Spit, and have 6" round speakers installed in the panel behind the
seats.  This way, I can at least feel a little thud in my kidneys at anything
over 30 mph... even at stoplights, the fidelity is subsatisfactory.  I don't
recommend it.
I also have a pair of little 3" speakers which I intend to mount under the dash
above the glove trays on either side of the car.  This seems like the best
place to put them, because it shoulld create a "speakerbox" effect for fatter
sound, and also puts the sound in front of you rather than behind you so when
you're driving you'll be traveling "into" the sound rather than away from it.
Because I have not actually installed them, however, this is pure conjecture...
in practice, I may find glove tray placement is no better than behind-the-seat
placement.
(Like you, I prefer listening to the engine & the road around me... my wife won
the argument so I bought her a Mustang GT convertible with a powerhouse CD
system, so when we drive together we take her car.  This solution my not be
practical for everybody, as it has a monthly cost attached to it).
Good luck!
Scott & Hobbs, 77 Spit, daily driver (without the wife)