Re: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 19:15:17 +0100
Mike wrote:

> My Saab cost me GBP500.   A complete new exhaust system cost me GBP400.
> A set of new tyres cost me GBP350.   A replacement alternator cost me
> GBP50.   That is pretty-much all I have spent on it in the last three
> years.   This is definitely the cheapest car, in terms of purchase price
> and repair costs, that I have ever owned.   It is also the most
> expensive car, in terms of insurance and road tax, that I have ever
> owned, but you can't have everything!   It does about 25 mpg around
> town, and about 40 mpg on the motorway.   Overall, it has still been
> cheaper to run than the Spitfire, by about a factor of two.

So really it's the complete opposite of a spitfire then, I can see why the
sensible spitfire owner would want a car like this.

I've gone off Saab's ever since I moved in with a Swedish guy who I thought
I knew quite well but ended up being a complete psychopath (I shant use the
expletives I usually use) - he had a real thing for Saab's. We ended up
throwing him out of the house. Im not a violent person normally - but I
really wanted to hurt this guy. Thats how bad he was...

I think I should point out that I also know 2 Swedish girls - and they're
perfectly nice. Im not basing my opinion of an entire nation based on one
guy :)

James