Rubber bonnet stops

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rubber bonnet stops
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:55:03 +0100
The simplest jobs always go wrong for me.

The nut inside the little metal enclosure on the bonnet basically
disintegrated - therefore I can't undo the bolt with the rubber stop on it. No
amount of stabbing various objects in to the hole will stop with nut from
rotating. So how do I replace the nut?

That was just one side - on the other side I managed to get the bonnet stop
off - and put the new one on - but it only goes in so far and won't go in any
more. Actually having just thought about that perhaps its not lined up to go
through the other side....

ttfn,

James

1977 Pimento Red