Re: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:45:09 +0100
In article <003c01c1de7c$8d9a5fa0$cb1886d9@g6a2g8>, James Carruthers
<j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk> writes
>Mike wrote:
>

>> <g>   I got half-a-ton of peat, gravel and sand in the back of this last
>> week.   Couldn't have done *that* in the Spit...
>
>Ahh yes - but you should see how much stuff I can get in my Spit when I go
>home for college holidays; Guitar, Amp (plus all my fx pedals), TV, VCR,
>Camera gadget bag, loads of cds, all my clothes (not that many really). In
>retrospect that list is a bit pathetic - but when you see it all stuffed in
>the spit - the car visibly leans to the left too. The only thing I leave
>behind is my hi fi - but I could probably get that in there if I really
>wanted.

I bought myself a new guitar the year before last, which is a perfect
fit for the Spit - a Martin "Backpacker".   Goes nicely behind the
seats, even when they are reclined all the way.   Sounds gorgeous, too.
I've never tried to get any of the electric guitars in her, and the only
amp I would even consider trying is the little 8W practice amp.

>I've got the way I put all my stuff in my spit down to a fine art now...
>took me a while to figure out exactly how to do it in the first place.

No doubt someone will now post a message explaining how they moved house
using their Spit as a removal van. <g>

>> Having spent today on a long drive in the country, I realised that, with
>> the top down, and the cassette-player blasting Crosby, Stills, Nash and
>> Young, I could no longer hear any of the rattles that had been bugging
>> me all through the winter.   Instead I started to worry about *smells*.
>> "Is that burning insulation, or is it the pig farm I have just passed?"
>>

>Can I suggest some sort of nose plug. Or perhaps a few hundred of those
>tree's. Someone gave me a smelly thing at christmas - but my car makes so
>much smell that after a few weeks it didn't work - in fact it took on the
>smell of the car.

Some pig farms need more than a few trees...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"