RE: steering knuckle joint

To: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>,
Subject: RE: steering knuckle joint
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 05:45:27 -0800 (PST)
What you described there is exactly what I was trying to do - small
torch, turning the wheel so that I can see it to get it aligned.  I think
I will try opening the joint up a little and if that doesn't work
compressing it a little.  From what I've heard it sounds like a bit of
perseverance is required!

I think this job has just turned into the most fiddly job I have done on
the spitfire, previous number 1 position was held by 'trying to insert
the cotter pin back into the window winder handle'.  It's a case of 'it
all looked so simple on paper, I only have to undo and redo 8 bolts,
should be simple', but it never is, is it?!

cheers
John

http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/