oiling the trunnions

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: oiling the trunnions
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:13:53 -0000
I decided I had better oil my trunnions for the first time.

Yes I know Ive been naughty putting it off. <slaps himself across the knuckles
with a ruler>

I went to Halfords and bought some oil - Castrol EP-90 - which I was assured
by the sales person was Hypoid 90.

Is this the right stuff?

At the moment there is lots of grease around the trunnions - so I'll use some
degreaser on them first.

But how do I oil?? Do I have to take anything apart? Or do I just kind of aim
for them and hope for the best?

Should I buy one of those oil squirter things?

Oh, and Im changing the engine oil sometime in the next few days (Just found
out I've been using the wrong oil) - is it alright to use engine flush? I
bought some of that too.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit