RE: Engine Number

To: "'Marc Anger'" <marcanger@mac.com>,
Subject: RE: Engine Number
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:24:23 -0000
Marc,

What you have there is quite right.  Engines were all allocated their own
number, starting with FM (for 1500 engines).  Chassis were allocated numbers
starting FH for Europe (although USA chassis were FM).  The two are not
supposed to match.

The "HE" at the end of the engine number I think is something to do with it
being a high compression engine, as used in the UK and Europe, rather than
the lower compression engines sent to
emissions-are-more-important-than-performance USA.

There are those who know far more about all these numbers than I do (or
rather, than I can read out of the very brief summary in Rimmers catalogue),
who I'm sure will enlighten you further!

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email