Re: Squawking Engine

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Squawking Engine
From: "Dean Dashwood" <deandashwood_list@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:26:22 -0000
Ree,

As far as your "organised trouble shooting" goes, if you don't have one
already, get yourself a cheap multi-meter from your local electronics shop.
Disconnect one end of the battery, and connect your meter, in "Ammeter" mode,
between the battery and the battery terminal.  That will show you how much
current is currently being drawn from the battery.  Then, simply disconnect
wires one by one until the current reduces (hopefully to zero, because
otherwise you've got more than one thing draining your battery!)  Once you've
done that, reconnect the wire, trace it to some point either up or down the
circuit, disconnect, and repeat until you've figured out where your short is.
Have fun!!!!

Dean