Re: Squawking Engine

To: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Squawking Engine
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:49:17 -0500
I am new here on the list,and I hope you don't mind me answering a question.
I have owned my 76 Spit since 1980 and among other problems I have many
times played with the alternator, on three occasions it has been the
Rectifier pack that has caused the slow drain of  the battery.---Try
disconnecting the plug on the alternator, some times upon light
disconnection and reconnection , a snap of an arc can be heard(if there is
enough of a drain). but my favorite is lightly connecting(touching) the
battery cable to the battery post and watching for the arc, as I eliminate
one suspect at a time.BTW these drains would take over a week on a healthy
battery and of course these drains would not be noticed if the car was a
daily driver.

I will go back to the sideline for now, but I have some questions of my own
for the list regarding Spit Six conversions that I will post in a different
thread.

Brooks
76 Spit FM43496UO