Re: Off Topic: Engine Swaps - P-51 Mustang?

To: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>, spit
Subject: Re: Off Topic: Engine Swaps - P-51 Mustang?
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:15:47 +0000
I don't know if you get any of the same programs outside the UK - but
Channel 4 (UK) in the last couple of years have made some great
military/engineering programs.

To name a few highlights: Battle Stations, Station X (I loved the grading
on that - perfectly done - added to the whole atmosphere), Going
Critical  - with some stunning graphics. There was a program on Colditz
(they built an glider to try and escape - incredible). There was also a
documentary on Alan Turing. One of my favourites is Scrapheap Challenge -
I know you have a US version of that. And theres been one in the last
couple of weeks called the Salvage Squad (something like that) - where a
team of 3 or 4 restore vehicles in only a few weeks - a steam engine, a
tank, a bristol car (to concours conddition) and last week a small
helicopter thing (gyro-whatsitsname like in james bond) - now if I could
just talk them in to featuring my spit....

James