Re: Soft-Top Retainer

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Soft-Top Retainer
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:03:48 -0500
     Many thanks to all who educated me on the installation of the soft-top
rear retainer.  I wound up mounting the retainer into the top without
adhesive, securing it through the 3 snap-holes, then securing it to the
body-lip with a piece of spongy foam stuff (household weatherstrip) in
between.
     I had hoped that the retainer would (1) straighten out my wavy rear
window some, and (2) decrease the two little humps on the lower edge of the
top right below the sides of the window (which all Spits seem to have).
Unfortunately, it did neither, but at least I have the satisfaction of
knowing that I am now properly-rigged - rather than jury-rigged.
     Again, thank you, Spit-Listers.

Cheers,  Ree G. in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O