RE: Soft-Top Retainer

To: "'Ree Gurley'" <reegurley@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Soft-Top Retainer
From: Rick Gregory <rick@ncmg.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:28:05 -0700
Ree - I replaced my top last year and there was no adhesive used on the old
one so I didn't use any on the new one. I am not sure if that is the correct
way, though, but I have had no problems. Also, There was/is no weather strip
on mine, and I haven't had a problem with water there either - water is more
of an issue where there are so many open areas that don't seal well. I do,
however, take my top completely off each year and make sure it is dry in all
those crevices so mildew and rot don't set in - but then I usually keep it
in a garage as well, and I can tell you that makes a big difference by
itself.

Rick Gregory
'74 Spitfire 1500 - FM15447UO
Great Falls, Montana