Re: To swap or not to swap

To: rtgetzinger@scif.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To swap or not to swap
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:39:08 -0800 (PST)
Larry, Rod, et al,
I believe that what makes most swaps difficult is not
the big things; what motor, trans, etc., but rather
the 'details'; wiring, plumbing, maintenance
clearance, noise and vibration, etc. You may very well
spend more time making 'adaptors' than fitting the
drivetrain.

Since (AFAIK) the external dimensions of the Triumph
sixes is the same, you could save a lot of grief by
just fitting the TR-6 motor. Since the engineering and
production pieces for fitting the package into the
Spitfire chassis were already done for the GT6, you
can buy, rather than fabricate, whatever's needed.

Have you driven a tweaked GT6 and/or TR-6? If not,
arrange to do so, then decide.

Depends on what you want to accomplish functionally.
What would you rather be doing, driving the car, or
working on the car.

As for me, as much as I enjoy working on the car, I
prefer driving more.

Carter Shore