Re: To swap or not to swap

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To swap or not to swap
From: <rtgetzinger@scif.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 8:25:52 PST
Larry,
The choice of originality vs swap is yours. I like my original '74 but it was
a lot of work and chasing parts to do it original. It leaks just a bit, it's
underpowered, it's reliable, nice specimen of an original. I am starting a
frame off rebuild and using a 2.8 v6 ford ALA the Schwartz example. I still
don't know what I am getting into, just purchased a donor mustang yesterday.
Frame is painted and waiting, suspension apart about to be painted and
rebushed and installed. Since you already have the inline 6 that sounds like
the obvious culprit unless the block or major components are no good. GT6
Stroker? Sounds like a good option if that works. The TR6 engine was
shoehorned in a spit and mentioned in an article in Spit/GT6 Magazine. The
author's opinion was that the extra work and weight was not worth the effort
of putting it in there so maybe your GT6 would be similar. He opined that the
GT6 was best, at least for a spit six. Best of luck.
Rob