RE: wiring to the ignition circuit

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: wiring to the ignition circuit
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 02:00:49 -0800 (PST)
Managed to get the radio wired up last night.  I found the white/pink
wire - it was dead and it didn't protrude too far from the wiring loom.
The reason it was dead was because it had become disconnected at the
ignition, with this sorted it was all plain sailing other than wrestling
a bit trying to get the stereo in the cage.  I thought of taking a look
at the wiring diagram which actually made some sense!  So I have a nice
new radio that is loud enough to be heard above the engine and turns on
and off with the ignition!  Cheers everyone for your help!

I also got an ultimatum from my girlfriend last night - if I have not
finished the spitfire (front suspention renewal) by next Wednesday then
she is going to stay at her friends house until I have done!  It should
be finished by then, but I had the annoyance of the replacement lower
wishbone that I got from spitfire graveyard was bent so that I could get
the bolts all the way through.  It was only slightly bent but enough so
that I could not get the bolt to go all the way through.  I will have to
pop down to the graveyard today to get another one, clean it up and
hammerite it tonight and put it all back together tomorrow night.  That's
the plan anyway...

cheers
John