Re: 78 Clutch replacement

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 78 Clutch replacement
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:05:02 -0500
Re clutch replacement, I just thought I'd toss this idea out:

IMHO, it's a whole LOT easier to replace the clutch by removing the ENGINE,
rather than the transmission... Given that you have access to a
cherry-picker or decent engine hoist... When I worked at a garage I (and one
helper) managed a clutch replacement on a lunch hour on ol' Fireball!
Nothing to it if you don't like tearing your interior apart (Which I too
hate!)

Luke
'71 Spit "Fireball" (In a nice new (dry) storage spot for this winter!)
'85 Voyager 5-speed "Indestructible Off-Road Winter-Beater" (Considering a
turbo... teehee)
'01 Echo "The Car" (yawn)