Spedometer (fwd)

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spedometer (fwd)
From: Johnnie Blaze <johnblaze@vrk11.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:44:54 -0600 (MDT)
not sure if the first post made it ... so heres a follow up

----

Ola, everyone... well I am a happy boy again as my spitter is finally back
in (semi)running order.  Thanks to everyone for their help with my
master/slave cylinder rebuild ..

Though I must admit the (triumph) fever is spreading much more rapidly
than I had thought the disease would .. I can't help it .. sooo sick as I
am I did what I have heard many of you speak of ... the "while im at it".

So while I was at it .. I decided to take the dash apart and pull the
instruments and maybe refinish the facia pieces, and maybe run an oil
guage... long sun on sentence short - my spedo is broke.  It was actually
running flaky before so Im not guilty of sabotage but in anycase, the unit
used to work fine for a few miles and then cut out, If I stopped the car
and reached under the dash and pushed REAL hard on the cable going into
the spedo, it would start working again, for awhile.

I took off the unit and drove the car, and the cable is turning just fine
so the problem has to be either in the spedo unit or the connecting
housing from the cable to the spedo .. My question is - Has anyone
encountered this before, and is there a solution short of replacing the
spedo/cable ..

Thanks in advance for your help

-- Long Winded -- Prattle Monster -- Chad M. Larsen

http://www.vrk11.com/johnblaze/pgp.html                johnblaze@vrk11.com