Re: Spitfire Painting Saga, finally completed

To: Jason <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Painting Saga, finally completed
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 00:21:56 -0400
Jason wrote:

> 9.) Painting your own car is probably not really worth the head ache.
> 10.) I now understand, and will gladly pay $3000 for a good paint job.

  I can agree with this as well. I painted my MGB and it
came out fine, but when it came time to paint the MG ZB
the quotes to get it done sounded VERY reasonable compared
to the work of doing it myself!

  The other issue is the chemistry, you likely can't use
the same death-inducing paints that the pros can, unless
you buy or rent all the breathing gear.

  In my case, my garage is attached, so I'd have to also
buy breathing gear for my wife and three cats while I
painted. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca