Re: noisy valves and oil light

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: noisy valves and oil light
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:52:25 -0400
A full oil pan doesn't equate equate oiling.  You can have a worn out
pump, blocked  pickup screen, fractured tube, etc.  Until you put a
gauge on it, you can't tell.

Regardless, it is not normal to have the low oil pressure light come
on when hard braking.  This is an indication of a problem with oil
pressure (most likely pickup).  Doubly so, since you've got engine
rattles.

If you chose to wait until next month to check on this, you very
well may no longer have an engine.  In my opinion, it would be
extremely foolish to ignore an idiot light telling you that you've lost
oil pressure and engine rattles.  But that's just my opinion.

>>> John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk> 08/22 12:31 PM >>>
I am *sure* that the oil is fully topped up, only did it at the weekend
and it didn't need too much then either and was still well within limits.
 I'll get the garage to check it out when she goes in for the service /
suspension overhaul later this month...