Re: noisy valves and oil light

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: noisy valves and oil light
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:15:44 -0400
No it is not normal to be hearing valve clatter, and no it is not normal to see
the oil pressure light illuminate under hard braking.

Yes, in your case, I suspect you are doing nasty things to your engine via
inadequate oil.

>>> John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk> 08/21 3:08 PM >>>
Is it normal for spitfires to have noisy valves (I assume that's what's
making the ticking noise).  Saskia's seem to be quite noisy - you can
hear them clearly when driving along, or is this an indication of
something nasty waiting to happen?

Another thing that I have noticed and dismissed as a spitfire quirk is
the oil light turning on under heavy braking, do other spitfires do this?