Re: Header Paint

To: Sports Outfitters Supply <sos@kymtnnet.org>
Subject: Re: Header Paint
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:50:01 -0500
I  have used the high temp paint from Eastwood. I don't have the can if front of
me but I think it was the Stainless Steel colour. It cures to a flat grayish
colour and looks a bit flaky after a while but still holds on. No hints of rust
showing through. I did the manifold and the first part of the pipe down to the
frame level.

I have just purchased the high temp (1300 degree) Bright Silver paint from
POR-15. I have no experience or knowledge of anyone using it. I am going to try
it on my Stainless exhaust. I have used the Black Gloss POR-15 in the past with
great results so I am counting on this good experience as an indicator of how
the high temp stuff will look.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario