Re: Spitfire books (was: Spitfire 1500 tools)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire books (was: Spitfire 1500 tools)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:26:01 +0000
In article <3.0.1.32.20010224144247.0088fd30@pop.xs4all.nl>, Eric
Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl> writes
>At 08:59 24-2-2001 +0000, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
>>
>>Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl> writes
>>
>>>No pictures, but there are photos and some info on pages 35, 52 and 103 of
>>>"Triumph Spitfire & GT6 - a Guide to Originality".
>>
>>It sounds as though I need to get my hands on a copy of this - I see the
>>TSSC offers them for #23.95.   They also have "The Complete Guide to
>>Spitfire/GT6" by Graham Robson for #16.95 - has anyone got this?   Is it
>>worth getting as well as/instead of the "Guide to Originality"?
>
>Robson's book deals more with the car's ancestry, development and history
>and less with the details of originality. It's a good, informative read.
>
>The one I think anyone can do without after the Guide to Originality and
>Robson's book is the fairly recently published "Triumph Spitfire and GT6 -
>The Complete Story". IMHO, it really doesn't add much to the first two.

Ah.   That's a little awkward, since the adverts in the TSSC mag show
two books by Graham Robson, one entitled "Triumph Spitfire & GT6" and
captioned "The Complete Guide to Spitfire/GT6" and one entitled "Triumph
Spitfire and GT6" and captioned "Spitfire/GT6 Collector's Guide".   The
former is in portrait format, the latter in landscape.   Which is the
one to avoid?

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: