Spitfire books (was: Spitfire 1500 tools)

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire books (was: Spitfire 1500 tools)
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:42:47 +0100
At 08:59 24-2-2001 +0000, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

>Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl> writes
>
>>No pictures, but there are photos and some info on pages 35, 52 and 103 of
>>"Triumph Spitfire & GT6 - a Guide to Originality".
>
>It sounds as though I need to get my hands on a copy of this - I see the
>TSSC offers them for #23.95.   They also have "The Complete Guide to
>Spitfire/GT6" by Graham Robson for #16.95 - has anyone got this?   Is it
>worth getting as well as/instead of the "Guide to Originality"?

Robson's book deals more with the car's ancestry, development and history
and less with the details of originality. It's a good, informative read.

The one I think anyone can do without after the Guide to Originality and
Robson's book is the fairly recently published "Triumph Spitfire and GT6 -
The Complete Story". IMHO, it really doesn't add much to the first two.

Cheers,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green