Re: parts catalog quality

To: "Carter Shore" <clshore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: parts catalog quality
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:25:26 -0500
Just to put my .02 in on this discussion, I have, so far, only dealt with
Rimmer Bros., and while I have been quite happy with the parts I received, I
have found the support to be a little poor. In this, I refer directly to my
e-mails to query them on some parts- first, I had sent an e-mail with five
or six questions, and while I received technically correct responses, they
were all one word answers- "yes" or "no" or similar- not very informative at
all, and nowhere near what I was looking for. Another problem I had, was a
question on the repair plate they offer- the "treadplate repair panel" I
still have no idea if this is the one I need, despite several e-mails and
replies. I even went so far as to request a photo of the item, so I can be
sure before I order(I ordered what I thought was the item before, and now
have a beautiful repro lower sill...) but they couldn't send one. I might
just order the part, and if it is wrong, see how their return service
is...(They're only 10.00 each or so plus shipping.)

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible