Re: parts catalog quality

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us
Subject: Re: parts catalog quality
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:42:52 -0500 (EST)
Well, I must admit to having limited experience too, but here is what
I have to offer:

SpitBits -- My all 'round favourite.  Helpful, cost-effective, good
    parts.  Theirs is the catalogue that I keep all my notes in.

VickyBrit -- no experience, nice catalogue, but with their own part
    numbers.

TRF -- don't support Spit prior to 1971, it appears.  Got the
   catalogues, can't find anything really useful.

Rimmers -- great catalog (glossy, photos, part numbers); prices were
    OK (or I wouldn't have ordered, I think); delivery prompt.

Canley Classics (Kipping) -- no experience, but I have high hopes,
    based on John's participation on this group and knowing that he
    passed the business on to caring folk.

Burlen Fuel Systems -- (just for the carburettors and such)
   Absolutely the best for SU parts and information.  Greatest SU
   catalogue and reference ever.

Donald.

> Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:40:52 -0500
> From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
>

> Based on my admittedly limited Spitfire parts ordering:

[SNIP]