Re: Soggy Trousers

To: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Soggy Trousers
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:21:02 -0400
"alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" wrote:

> Doug wrote:
> -----------
>
> 6:  Maybe if the windshield is pitted and hazy, it would be
> a good time to take it to a glass shop to see if they could polish it.

> I just tried to see what it would cost and how easy it was to get done.
>
> I cannot find a shop to do this. They are all mobile and are more expensive
>then buying a new windscreen (~$140 from Moss).
>
> I did a search on the web though and came up with an interesting site:
>
> http://www.caswellplating.com/glass.htm

  Eastwood and JC Whitney also sell similar kits.

  I bought one from JC Whitney. Haven't gotten around to
trying it yet, but enough places sell them that they must
be good for something.

  Practical Classics reviewed similar items a while ago
and found that they worked as promised, which is that they
will clear minor surface roughness and scratches that you
can't feel with your fingernail, but nothing more.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca