Re: Bronte Creek

To: "'vicwhit@home.com'" <vicwhit@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Bronte Creek
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 21:34:40 -0400
Vic,

I am sorry I missed talking to you this year. I hope you passed by the
little blue spitfire with hood bulge?  After 4 months in the garage with no
transmission I am REALLY happy to be driving her again. I know about the
sunburn thing I went to a car show in Cambridge yesterday and then Bronte
today.

Hopefully, next year I will have the '3 going and be driving that down.  I
did see a '3 with the most wonderful BRG-like green.  When I inquired about
it I was told it was a '92 Honda Accord Metallic Green.  It looked a lot
like the Jaguar green, very dark and the metallic flakes were just
noticable.  I don't want to start the another discussion about BRG rightness
again I just thought I mention a really nice example of an alternative.  The
only world of warning I got from the owner was it is hard to lay the paint
down due to being a clear coat finish.

The other thing that nice to see was the event honored the 30th anniversary
of the Stag and there was about a dozen fine examples.  Lots of polished
chrome and it is intresting to see the different ideas of show car from
original to slightly modified for drivability to radical.  Individual tastes
are present and that I think is the nicest thing to see at an event this
large.  It really make you want to walk around and see the "different" cars,
not boring.
Just my 3cents worth (that's 2cents U.S.) :-)
David