Re: Top boots?

To: dougnad@bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: Top boots?
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 09:33:17 -0400 (EDT)
According to Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou:

> I have a hardtop and both boots.
> The one for the hardtop snaps onto some snaps on
> the inside of the hardtop.  Its purpose is to
> hide the (presumably) unsightly folded top when you
> have the hardtop on.  I would never have bought one,
> but it came with my car, which did not have a hardtop
> at the time.  Possibly the PO bought it by mistake...

My car came with three covers.  Tonneau, and two hood covers.  One for
hardtop on and one for hardtop off.  I assumed this was just the way
they wre sold.

> Of course, if you are leaving the hardtop on for
> any length of time, you can remove the entire soft
> top, and get some more room for groceries, etc...

Maybe it's not as hard for your years model, but for my 79 you need
a different bracket for the hardtop if the softtop is removed and these
brackets are not available.  However, for those who may be interested,
I am in the process of fabricating an alternative (from commonly
available parts) as I do not wish to leave the softtop on in the winter.
I figure it will last longer if I take it off and store it indoors when
not in use.  Come to think of it, I don't use it much in the summer either. :-)

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |