Re: Top boots?

To: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Top boots?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 09:01:13 -0700
>I am in need of a new top boot - expensive little buggers! What exactly is
>the difference between one for a Spit with the hardtop and one without? Why
>is one twice the price of the other? If you did have a hardtop would that
>mean you actually would want one of each - one for when the hardtop is on
>and one for when it is off? Enquiring minds want to know!
**************************************
One for vehicles is for when the hardtop is installed as well as the soft
top (so if and when you take the hardtop off, you don't have to install the
soft top because it's already there).  It is almost identical to the
*normal* boot, and it covers the soft top but fastens to the inside of the
hardtop, so it is slightly narrower.  The other one is for the soft top
only, when the hard top is not installed, or was never fitted -
I used to have both, - when I had a hardtop.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)