Re: Gearbox - DONE!

To: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gearbox - DONE!
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:43:13 -0800
Dean,

With the dual Monza exhaust and glass packs, the engine is ROARing at 4k.
Sounds particularly good when I'm shifting between gears :-).  And yes, I'm
in fourth gear.

I need to take my car on the freeway (the dreaded I-15) soon to get
estimates for the body/paint work.  I'd like to be able to hit 65 MPH, but
feel a bit uncomfotable pushing the engine that hard.  Then again, the
engine seems to be running splendid at the moment.

Out of curiosity, where does everyone max out on their RPM's before
shifting?  I'm most comfortable at 4,000 - 4,500 but I've gone as far as
5,000.  Beyond that (even though redline is what -- 6,000?) I feel like I'm
asking for trouble.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego