Re: Gearbox - DONE!

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Gearbox - DONE!
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:02:46 -0000
Hi Jeff
That is a 1300 isn't it, if it's a 1500, 4500 = reduced engine life! A 1300
will go to valve bounce and still go! My Herald had nothing on the tacho but
the makers name, some where in the order of 7500 rpm, this was a momentary
thing when the throttle jammed open just after I fitted new bearings! That
engine went on for another 40,000 miles! Robust little motors the 1300!!!!

Graham.