Re: On the Hook

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: On the Hook
From: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:11:48 -0800
So it didn't take me long to realize that there was fuel to the carb,
but the spark was intermitent.  I popped off the distributor cap and was
surprised to see points!  Dirty, narrow gapped points.  When I got the
car I put a timing light on it, but since it was a '79 and was supposed
to have electronic ignition, I didn't bother to open the distributor.  I
wish now I'd looked at it when I was on the side of the road - I might
have saved $66.  Oh well, live and learn.  To all who emailed with
suggestions, thanks a lot.

Regards,

Mark Gardner