Re: Tense driving lately

To: "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tense driving lately
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:38:35 -0000
Hi All
There is a flip side to every coin and though I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE with
seat belts, my father escaped serious injury because he was not wearing a
seat belt. He was in a triumph sedan though! The car was hit in the side
then pushed into a shop front by a drunk bastard and when the bonnet popped
through the windscreen propelling the whole thing to the back parcel shelf
my father was already laid across the front seats (by the side impact). Only
injury cut knee from kneeling on a stray fragment of glass whilst kicking
the drivers door open. when the drunk said he was only doing 30 mph the
police officer was heard to remark "What in a bloody tank?" The best bit is
the DD and his three co-conspirators were hospitalised (only minor injuries)
the worst bit is they (yes they, it isn't only the drivers fault!) wrote off
the best sedan we ever owned. Having said all that please DO wear your belts
they do save lives! Probably saved the occupants of the other car as it was
camel shaped and much shorter than before the crash!

Graham.