RE: Tense driving lately

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: RE: Tense driving lately
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:30:25 -0800
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff;

Don't you know, you NEVER give driving lessons to a family member, close
relative, or friend.  It is very unhealthful for you the instructor, the
student, and your vehicle.  Let a third party (High School Driver's Ed?) to
do it, and this is the really important part, using a car that does not
belong to you. :-)

I taught my girl friend (now my wife of 19 years) to drive a standard
transmission using my Spitfire, which was my only means of transportation at
the time.  Well, I dodged a bullet on that one because she learned, no angry
comments were exchanged, and neither the car nor myself suffered any damage.
In fact the Spitfire still has its original clutch and transmission!

My wife taught our daughter Tammi to drive using our relatively new Dodge
Caravan.  Well, Tammi also did the "curb thing", and that cost me a new
wheel, CV joint, miscellaneous parts, and front end alignment!  The Driver's
Ed course would have been only a small fraction of what the repairs cost me.
:-(

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)