RE: screwed...

To: "'Thearthurhsmith@cs.com'" <Thearthurhsmith@cs.com>,
Subject: RE: screwed...
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:33:02 -0500

Before you get locked into the DPOs hole, how far does the tap
extend below the floor pan? Can you get a pair of vise grips
on it and turn it? Try to turn it so that it comes back up through
the hole. Is it possible to get a drift on it and spin it?

The other suggestion is to drill out the threads and just put
a nut on the underside. I have done this as the threads stripped
out on mine many years ago.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
mailto:dmitchel@ismi.net