RE: Copyrights

To: Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us, Tburke4@aol.com
Subject: RE: Copyrights
From: "dayton carpenter" <djcarpen@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:53:19 PST
Copyrights are valid for 50 years plus the life of the owner.  Copyrights
protect the artist's "expression" of something and not the object itself.  I
would suggest that the logo be unique and not raise any potential legal
problems.  You maybe right that no one will seek an infringement action
against you or the club but is it really worth it?  Besides I think we want
something unique like our club, cars, and ourselves.

Dayton J. Carpenter, Esq.
International Consul
Foundsoft Science & Technology Group
12 F Office Plaza World Trade Centre Zhejiang
15 Shuguang Road
Hangzhou,  Zhejiang Province  310007
China