Re: Door window glass

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door window glass
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:49:41 -0700
Thank you Joe, David, Terry and Richard for the tips.  I had
wondered about what to do with the rubber bit stuck in the
frame.  First I'll try to stick the window into it.  If that fails, I'll
try to get it out, but if it disintegrates, I'll just use something
else.

        And I'll use the liquid soap as a lubricant.  Tomorrows project.

I think I know why Spitfires are such unpredictable vehicles - Mad Cow
Disease. Yup, I found leather oil seals in the transmission - cow hide,
leather seals in the diff - cow hide, and now leather washers in the
window winding mechanism - more cow hide!

        On another topic, I just had my ignition, trunk and both door
locks rekeyed.  I took the barrels out of the door locks so they were
easy for the locksmith to work on.  But they had to pick the trunk lock
to get the chrome sleeve off so they could drive out the pin holding the
barrel.  And on the ignition lock they had to drill 2 holes and pry the
2 hardened pins out.  They said British Leyland were the worst locks.
(I know they aren't BL locks, but they are in BL cars.)  In all it cost
me $57.  Not bad I guess.  (now I don't want to hear what I could have
got on ebay!)
--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths
Calgary, Canada