Re: Door window glass

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: Door window glass
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 08:09:05 -0700

Fred Griffiths wrote:

> In the process of building my car out of boxes of bits, I discover I
> have two right hand door glasses (windows) in the glass frames, but one
> left hand glass frame with no glass - ie broken.
>         So in order to make one of each type I propose removing one
> right hand glass and sticking it into the left hand glass frame.
>
> Question is
> 1.      How to get the good glass out of the frame, and
> 2.      How to get the glass into the other frame without breaking it
> and so it will stay.

The glass is pressed into the frame using either a rubber or fabric to
retain it.  Just force it out of the frame and get a thick piece of
fabric to lay across the end of the glass.  WHen you shove it into the
bracket, just trim off the excess.  I used some twill fabric, worked
fine.  You probably want to use some sort of man made fabric so it won't
decay.

Joe

> All suggestions appreciated.
>
> Also discover I have two window glasses with rounded rear top corners -
> suspect they're for MK 1, 2 or 3.  Anyone need them - from Canada with
> love?
> Cheers, Fred
> --
> Fred & Wendy Griffiths