Our Club

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Our Club
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:50:35 -0500
Sorry for not getting in this skirmish over the weekend, but I was AWOL due
to a birthday, etc.  Sounds like you guys have really mapped out this
mission.  I have quickly reviewed the discussion and will add my comments
below:

Club Name:  Is the club name dependent on some cute abbreviation?; (SNAP,
NASTY, whatever)...I mean, what's wrong with SAC, or RAF, or USMC, or CIA or
KGB?  All recognizable in their own right.  The point is, the name of the
club should not be at the mercy of being "catchy", afterall we don't need a
marketing "hook".  We're all gonna join ....right?  I think Joe's original
name is the best...."The North American Spitfire Club".   I was thinking
about global, but there ARE already Spit clubs in other parts of the world;
so it makes sense to limit our "theater of operation".   $.02 ( Hey, where's
my change?)

DUES!!!  No dues...What will be done with the $$$?   Let's just put together
a hat, shirt, logo order one time, (maybe once a year as new conscripts
arrive?) and be done with it.

Membership:  Open to all Spitfires (even those with severe engine
modifications; the X squad (this means you, Woodie!)), and GT6s owned by
residents of, or located in North America (north of the equator).   The
GT6's can be the Black Sheep squadron.

Rank, etc.:   "Maybe you can work your way up in rank by the number of spits
you have, the time you have been in the club, and any other criteria we find
useful.  "...  Too competitive, too military, and not consistent with (what
I hope will be) an egalitarian group.  Nothing we do with this club should
undermine the fellowship that I sense exists among this group.

Newsletter:  Scott Hall has generously offered to handle this and he should
do so as he sees fit.  If he needs a little financial help, I think we all
could sell a few "war bonds" to help out.

Website: Patrick Bowen  ( send name and Spit info to  pbowen@mediaone.net)
Same as above.

Flight suits:  Ralph Jannelli;  all we need is a final logo design

Logo:  I think Susan Hensley's comments were appropriate regarding TRF's
design.  I guess, we are waiting for posting of logos to comment upon?

This is a small attempt to solidify all the discussion and give a framework
to the club.  I strongly urge that the list members who have volunteered
their time and effort be given the final say as to how and what things get
done.  Can we reach an agreement on this?

Waiting for further orders....( and a sound flaming, I'll warrant!)

Terry Banbury
Mk III