RE: Our Club

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Our Club
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:13:52 +0000

No flames from me on this one.

I've been a member of TSSC since last summer, and I have to say that joining was
one of the best things I've ever done.  This list is great, I get to read about
what other people are doing with their cars, the problems they encounter, the
solutions people come up with, and occassionally ask dumb questions myself, and
always get sensible answers.

The only thing which is missing is the social aspect of being able to have a
couple of informal beers with like-minded people, drive down the open road in a
convoy of Spitfires, or attend local shows with a few mates instead of my
yourself.  For me, TSSC fills that gap.  I've had some brilliant weekends away
with the club, and the regular meetings are a welcome break to the routine.  We
even talk about things other than cars sometimes(!)

I really think that everyone who owns an LBC should actively participate in a
club, and if that means pulling out all the stops to get around geographical
problems, then do it - I promise it will be worth it!

But as Patrick says, this list must not be used as an "official" club medium,
for two reasons.  Number one, this would prevent the club from offering all the
things that make a club so great, and number two, it would exclude (or at least
drive away) people who aren't a member of the club from the list, and therefore
devalue the list.  I have lost count of the number of e-mails I've received over
the last couple of days about the club, which don't interest me since I am in
the UK.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who wants to be involved - I hope you get this
going!

Dean

(Patrick - my e-mail address has just changed, and I'm not sure if the new
address is registered correctly with the list.  If this doesn't turn up on the
list, could you forward it for me?  Cheers!)