Re: Rearview Mirrors

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rearview Mirrors
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:47:12 -0700
Atwell,
If you have already drilled the holes, it is too late!  The right hand
mirror must be canted toward the inside at the rear of the mirror to
make of any use at all.

Otherwise, it looks good and if you have a navigator, he/she can tell
you what's back there!  :)

Joe

Atwell Haines wrote:

> I recently purchased a pair of "Talbot" bullet type racing mirrors for my
> Spit. I installed them on the doors where the P.O.'s aftermarket mirrors
> were, to cover up the holes.
>
> They look great on the car, but unfortunately, they cannot be adjusted
> enough to allow me to see what is behind me!
>
> Has anybody overcome this difficulty somehow?  (Yeah, I know, Drive Faster...)
>
> Regards,
>
> Atwell Haines
> '79 Spitfire
> Succasunna, NJ USA
>
> "We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse."

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer