Re: Rearview Mirrors

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rearview Mirrors
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:21:04 -0500
At 03:47 PM 02/12/00 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:

>If you have already drilled the holes, it is too late!  The right hand
>mirror must be canted toward the inside at the rear of the mirror to
>make of any use at all.

So, instead of aligning the mounting holes to be parallel with the window
line as the old mirrors were, I should have adjusted the mount to "point"
the mirror first?  Wouldn't have looked so stylish, then. As you say, it's
too late.

It seems (both) mirrors are so far down the doors that the adjustment range
is inadequate. (The old mirrors pivot on "top" of their base posts, while
the bullets pivot near the centerline of the mirror.) I noticed in the
Vicky Brit Winter Sale catalogue that Midget mirrors require a plinth for
proper mounting. If that piece makes the base of the mirror more vertical,
perhaps that is what I need.

>Otherwise, it looks good and if you have a navigator, he/she can tell
>you what's back there!  :)

They _do_ look good, more's the pity!

Atwell

"Duct tape is like the Force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together."